10. We welcome women into leadership positions. FCC belongs to the United Church of Christ (UCC). The UCC was the first church to ordain a woman, Antoinette Brown, into the Christian ministry. At First Congregational Church women serve as Deacons and members of the Cabinet.
9. We change people’s lives. A week does not go by where people’s lives are not changed for the better, whether they learn they can be free from the bonds of addiction at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, are inspired by the word of Christ during a Sunday morning worship service or a young boy is encouraged to become all he can be at a Boy Scout or Cub Scout meeting.
8. You don’t get lost in the crowd. Young couples who have had a baby receive a meal when they arrive home from the hospital, a pair of beautiful baby booties, and a photograph of their new baby appears in the church newsletter.
7. You get to know the Pastor. All newcomers to the church are invited to have dinner at the Senior Pastor’s home. The Pastor also makes a special effort to learn about the lives of the members.
6. We love all kinds of music. We cherish classical music expressed through the power of a pipe organ and the upbeat rhythm of a piano and drums stirs our souls.
5. We have a non-judgmental theology. We accept all people for where they are on life’s journey. We do weddings, funerals, and baptisms for all. The pastor performs these rituals for non-members.
3. Children and youth are given personal attention. Youth go on mission trips and children’s chats are done by the Senior Pastor every week. Every child is special and gets to know the pastor.
2. We are diverse. Life is never boring because we come from many different personal, age, and faith backgrounds, yet we affirm the ideal that we all don’t have to agree on everything to live together in Christian community.
1. God has blessed us with a wonderful campus. We have a campus that is open to all in the community. Experience this true gift God has given us by taking a meditative walk on the labyrinth and going for a prayerful walk through our beautifully landscaped campus making sure to take a peek at our rain garden. Our sizeable but intimate sanctuary is the perfect place to worship.